Friday, October 7, 2011

Not sure about this one.

I'm a great fan of the Fejes paintings made of great tourist sites. He also made some of farm landscape scenes.

I've never really warmed up to his abstract paintings like this one.

Maybe if I saw the original and it was the right size, it might speak to me but like so many things that I never really learned about, I'm not in any position to really appreciate non-representational art.

It's funny since just like music, I tend to like things that I like. I grew up with Fejes paintings, I like them. The music that I grew up with, I like.  I also grew up with a great deal of discussion of education, particularly science education, so I'm really comfortable with science. I attribute much of my interest in technology due to the time that I spent learning about science in first grade science, second grade science, and kindergarten science class. One fun fact about early science is that mothers and teachers tend towards teaching about the natural (ie biology) world whereas the core curriculum concept is much more focused on physics and technology.

1 comment:

  1. I love it but have no clue what his inspiration was. :)

    ReplyDelete